Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Over

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Well, the list is done. We counted down 27 movies that made going to the movies suck; we had multiple writers, writing multiple opinions; I got mentioned on Roger Ebert's Twitter and Gringo got his Lethal Weapon post mentioned on The Guardian's website. Best of all, with the exception of two, each writer met their deadline and met it with with quality and insight to boot. So I thank them all and thank everyone who read, if not every post, well then at least some of them. Thanks also to those who left comments, seconded opinions or disagreed. Writing a great piece is one thing, but it really doesn't take on shape or meaning until it starts moving people to weigh in. So, once again I thank everyone involved. As much as I will miss this kookey thing, I'm glad it's over and I can get back to doing my own writing. Here's the full list one more time: 27-It Happened One Night
26-Gladiator
25-Spider-Man
24-Trainspotting
23-Terminator 2
22-Toy Story
21-Deliverance
20-Scream
19-Donnie Darko
18-Sin City
17-Garden State
16-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
15-Rocky
14-Airplane
13-Goodfellas
12-Lethal Weapon
11-American Pie
10-The Ring
9-Seven
8-Animal House
7-Halloween
6-Die Hard
5-Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
4-Pulp Fiction
3-Night of the Living Dead
2-Star Wars
1-Jaws

14 comments:

  1. Great event! Happy to be a part of it!

    I'm formulating an idea for an event in the future. I'll be sure to let you in on it when it comes to fruition!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to catch up on the last few, but was a lot of fun to read. Great idea Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely event. Thanks for letting us all common folk participate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon, if it wasn't for you, who would have saved Donnie Darko at the last minute?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well organised, Mike. Thanks for inviting me. Count me in if you're doing another one anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive Mike:)

    When was your Ebert mention?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike, you are the Man. So awesome of you to undertake this and it turned out so well I thought. It got me some great insight on these iconic movies...and I now have a few new blogs to follow:)

    Good on ya bud! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Burning-Back at the start. I e mailed a bunch of critics to say that we were doing this and that they should read it and the next day a link to my blog is on his Twitter page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice touch - gotta love Ebert.

    Bet you need a rest now?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered this list and read through it all. Brilliant stuff - I can't disagree with a single choice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done for organising a successful event and thanks for inviting me to join in, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete